Date:Friday September 24 2010
&verWe talked to the editor of Vital Oxford about Saturday's game.
Here's what was said:
1) So, after four years away it must be good to be back in the Football League.
Although it was a great disappointment to get relegated bringing tears to many a grown man who followed Oxford. We took to Non League football like a holiday and to be honest some of the clubs at that level are very welcoming. But I can say that I think most probably more people cried with joy when we gained promotion at Wembley.
2) Chris Wilder has a superb record as manager with yourselves, winning over half the games in two years. I take it fans are happy with him in charge?
He`s a great guy, always taking the positive approach without going over the top. He likes his teams to play attractive football which is always appreciated.
3) Win one, lose one, draw a couple. Seems like you've got a steady defence but at the same time struggle to score at the other end of the pitch. Is there more to come from your team?
We would hope so. Its early days yet. I know people look at us as a big club, but we realize that alone does not win you matches. Lets be realistic we have just come up from a lower level. So I`d expect us to take a while to find our feet.
4) How do you see your season going from here?
I`d hope for good performances in the cups. Which I think we gave a good showing in the Carling Cup to win 6-1 against Bristol Rovers and losing 1-0 with 8 seconds to go against West Ham was. We would hope for a similar showing in the FA Cup. Regarding the league I`d personally hope to finish around the play offs, but if we just missed out it would not be a disaster compared to the last few years.
5) On to Saturday, who are your star players? The ones we should look out for on Saturday?
In defence I`m sure you know him Harry Worley. In the engine room Simon Heslop who gives us creativity as well as goals. Then up front our captain and leading goal scorer James "Beano" Constable who coincidently will be making his 100th appearance against you and currently on 48 goals.
6) And where does it start to fall apart? Any players you'd drive to their next club free of charge?
To be honest no. If in the first team all the players appear to give 100%
7) Harry Worley joined in the summer after spending a season here at Gresty Road on loan. He had a tough ask trying to sure up one of the worst defences in the league last season. How's he
8) What's your knowledge/views of Crewe Alexandra? Be honest, we won't be offended!
I know a fair bit to be honest and as a fan of football would say I have every respect for Dario Gradi and what he has achieved. From the outside you`re a club run the right way that I`m sure if Dario had not stepped aside for a while would still have the infrastructure to groom up and coming players and you would not be in League Two.
9) How do you see Saturday going?
A draw hopefully with goals 2-2
Scorers Constable and Worley plus Miller and Artell
A big thanks to Vital Oxford for this week's answers.
More next week when we speak to Macclesfield and Chesterfield fans
Date:Friday September 24 2010
Trio targeted by Alex (Friday May 24 2013)
Big future for keeper (Friday May 24 2013)
Rovers to visit (Friday May 24 2013)
Skipper has top potential (Thursday May 23 2013)
Youngster winning battle (Thursday May 23 2013)
Keeper wants to remain number one (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Gradi rules out return (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Davis emerging as Wolves favourite (Wednesday May 22 2013)
Keeper keen for Villa test (Tuesday May 21 2013)
Ollie signs new deal (Monday May 20 2013)
|5.||Skip to the Crewe||13|
|12. Notts County||46||16||17||13||12||65|
|Trio targeted by Alex
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 14:08:00
|Big future for keeper
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 13:55:00
|Rovers to visit
» Crewe : 24/05/2013 13:45:00
|Ricoh Return Ruled Out
» Coventry : 24/05/2013 13:18:00
|Footballers found not guilty
» Bournemouth : 24/05/2013 13:17:00
|Lowe Set For MK Dons Exit
» MK Dons : 24/05/2013 10:49:00
|Teenage Midfielder Pens Pro Deal
» Carlisle : 24/05/2013 10:40:00