* Roy Keane was quite complimentary following Tuesday's Carling Cup game at Gresty Road. The former Man Utd captain and all round psycho sent out a warning to our future opponents.
'I thought Crewe were very very good and credit to them. They were physically very good and had a lot of pace in the team especially in attacking positions.
'Everyone refers to Crewe to being neat and tidy but I tell you what they can be physical too. They worked hard and put some tackles in and it was tough going. I am just glad to get through to the next round.'
Roy Keane thinks we can be physical? Hmm. Next week Jose Mourinho will be asking Dario for advice on motivation tactics...
* Matt Tootle is to be sidelined for up to a month with a hamstring strain picked up against Ipswich. Now playing at right back following the departure of John Brayford, Toots' replacement is to be either Mat Mitchel-King and Danny Shelley. Those two recognised right backs.
* A reserve side that included the likes of Shelley, Byron Moore and Ajay Leitch-Smith lost to 3-2 Rushden & Diamonds in a behind closed doors friendly. Shelley and Moore both scored
* Three of the academy's finest are on international duty this week. Nick Powell and Max Clayton were both in the starting line up for England U-17s on Wednesday as they drew 2-2 against Turkey, after being 2-0 behind. Powell completed the full 90 minutes whilst Clayton was subbed Half way through the second half. Goalkeeper Ben Garratt was on the bench.
England U-17s now face Australia U-17s at Grimsby Town tonight in the FA International U-17 Tournament.
* The club have announced that Mornflake Oats will continue as sponsors of the club's kits for an unspecified amount of time.
Win FREE pizza with Vital Football!
Select your team and get 50% off if they score twice.