* Roy Keane was quite complimentary following Tuesday's Carling Cup game at Gresty Road. The former Man Utd captain and all round psycho sent out a warning to our future opponents.
'I thought Crewe were very very good and credit to them. They were physically very good and had a lot of pace in the team especially in attacking positions.
'Everyone refers to Crewe to being neat and tidy but I tell you what they can be physical too. They worked hard and put some tackles in and it was tough going. I am just glad to get through to the next round.'
Roy Keane thinks we can be physical? Hmm. Next week Jose Mourinho will be asking Dario for advice on motivation tactics...
* Matt Tootle is to be sidelined for up to a month with a hamstring strain picked up against Ipswich. Now playing at right back following the departure of John Brayford, Toots' replacement is to be either Mat Mitchel-King and Danny Shelley. Those two recognised right backs.
* A reserve side that included the likes of Shelley, Byron Moore and Ajay Leitch-Smith lost to 3-2 Rushden & Diamonds in a behind closed doors friendly. Shelley and Moore both scored
* Three of the academy's finest are on international duty this week. Nick Powell and Max Clayton were both in the starting line up for England U-17s on Wednesday as they drew 2-2 against Turkey, after being 2-0 behind. Powell completed the full 90 minutes whilst Clayton was subbed Half way through the second half. Goalkeeper Ben Garratt was on the bench.
England U-17s now face Australia U-17s at Grimsby Town tonight in the FA International U-17 Tournament.
* The club have announced that Mornflake Oats will continue as sponsors of the club's kits for an unspecified amount of time.