Date:Friday March 7 2008
- Knowing it won't effect us, is anyone else slightly looking forward to all hell breaking loose come May? Leyton Orient manager Martin Ling has threatened Leeds with some sort of action should Leeds be given their 15 points back in April. And why not? Those fifteen points being put back on the board is going to mean a long hard season gone to waste for whoever finishes sixth (before Leeds' points are added)... and if Leeds finish in the top six anyway then it'll be whoever finishes 2nd to take the punishment. It'll be wrong, completely wrong, if Leeds even get even one point back. If things like that can be changed nearly 12 months on then it's making a farce of the game, but then farce is Ken Bates middle name.
- 'You can give it but you can't take it' always seems to be most apt to football fans. A player can go through years of himself and his family being abused by thousands every week; then suddenly this player literally sticks his middle finger up at them and ooh, outrage. Ok, it wasn't quite like that for Ben Williams but he knows what I mean.
- Anthony Elding on loan? Yes please. I've petitioned for his signing since last summer, and although disappointing to lose out in January I do think short spell will benefit both. Who knows, we may get a permanent deal out of it if Leeds go up! So yeah, maybe they do deserve their 15 points.
- If you were getting paid thousands of pounds a week and for one week only you were told to just do your job ever so slightly differently... would you throw a tantrum? No, you wouldn't. Gary Roberts is a lucky sod he isn't currently back in Ipswich's reserves... and we're lucky he's still here - so let's call it quits.
- There again, egos do seem to be growing in football. Michael Bridges and Tamas Priskin have both turned down loan moves to Gresty Towers in recent times, they're apparently too good for League One. If only their managers shared their view.
- Bargain of the century? Brian Kennedy buying Stockport for £1, taking the ground for his Sale Sharks rugby club, giving Stockport County back to their fans and asking for £5million for the ground. If I knew you could do that then I'd have been the first in line to buy them! Actually, it's wrong. Very wrong.
- I wonder if that's what Norman Hassall is planning to do?
- I must remember to proof read articles.
Date:Friday March 7 2008
Crewe set for shake-up (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Crewe crash out (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Stats: Crewe Alexandra v Rochdale (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Crewe covered by exit (Tuesday September 2 2014)
We will be strong - Davis (Tuesday September 2 2014)
Davis still hopeful (Monday September 1 2014)
Davis rues opening half (Saturday August 30 2014)
Crewe still pointless (Saturday August 30 2014)
Stats: Gillingham v Crewe Alexandra (Saturday August 30 2014)
New date for Alex (Friday August 29 2014)
|18. Port Vale||5||1||2||2||-1||5|
|Crewe set for shake-up
» Crewe : 02/09/2014 23:19:00
|Crewe crash out
» Crewe : 02/09/2014 22:37:00
» Crewe : 02/09/2014 22:20:00
» Yeovil : 02/09/2014 22:14:00
» Crawley : 02/09/2014 22:08:00